All Antenatal classes are booked in 6-week blocks and payment (for the block) is required in advance to reserve your place. Missed classes are non-refundable and cannot be carried over unless previously agreed with me or in the case of unforeseen circumstances i.e. hospital admission.
The price is £70 for a course of 6 classes
From 38 weeks, you can pay weekly.
Please Text the day of your first session 07775515853
Safety is top priority to us. It is important that you complete the pre-screening health questions. This is to ensure that you are safe to exercise and that I am fully aware of any aches or pains or medical conditions before you join the class. The questions are regarding your health, current pregnancy or postnatal recovery and also asks what you hope to achieve by attending. Please ensure the information given is correct. If you have any medical problems, injury or disabilities you may need to speak to your GP or Physiotherapist before you attend.
The class is suitable for beginners and those who have exercised before. The class will focus on low impact gentle aerobics: Pilate based exercises, strengthening the abdominals, lower back and pelvic floor muscles, finishing with stretch and relaxation.
The class is held at Trinity United Reformed Church, Ecclesall Road. (opposite Hallamshire Tennis Club) on Tuesday Evenings 7.30-9pm, please attend the first class 10 minutes early to register and arrive promptly to subsequent classes.
What to Wear/Bring :
Wear a supportive bra,
A jumper or jacket to put on during the relaxation exercises
Bring a bottle of water.
All Equipment is provided.
Waiver and release of liability
I hereby state that I have read understood and answered honestly the screening questionnaire.
1. The participant acknowledges that there can be certain risks of injury to them or third parties associated with their participation in exercise sessions.
2. The participant should seek professional advice if they have known medical conditions or injury prior to the session.
3. Kate Campbell and co. Professional fitness will take no responsibility for personal property being damaged or lost.
4. The participant agrees that they will abide by the rules for participating in the various activities.
5. The participant agrees to follow instructions given by Professional fitness trainers Kate Campbell, Carla Gibbons and Shannon Schneider
6. The participant is fully aware they are free to withdraw from any activity at any time.
7. The participant is participating of their own free will.
8. Having read all the above information, I as the participant agree to release and indemnify Professional Fitness, its owner and trainer Kate Campbell. I assume the risk and responsibility of any injury arising from my participation.
9. I also agree that in the event that I am injured or suffer damage, I will bring no claim, legal or otherwise against Professional Fitness and its owner Kate Campbell.
10. I have fully read and understand the above information and I have signed the screening document freely and voluntarily.
Please Note: Photographs may be taken during the class, this is for advertising purposes only i.e. on the web site or for promotion. If you feel you do not want to have your photo taken – please let us know at the time. If you do not inform us, we will presume it is ok.
Attending regularly can help you prepare physically and emotionally for your own special journey through your pregnancy and beyond. The sessions are designed to:
· Establish good body alignment.
· Increase daily postural awareness and how the changing body benefits from regular postural exercises
· Maintain aerobic fitness.
· Balance opposing muscle groups through specific strength exercise designed to reduce unwanted back and pelvis problems
· Increase pelvic floor awareness
Please arrive promptly to classes; it is very important that you attend the warm up.
Classes generally run term time only but will continue over the summer
If any changes have occurred since you completed the pre -screening form please speak to me before the class starts.
It is normal to feel some muscular soreness after exercise especially if you have not exercised for a while. This is because during pregnancy postural changes occur, due partly to how we move, our jobs and how we sleep. Aches and pains may appear around the, shoulders upper and lower back, hips and knees. Good posture, regular exercise can help. Speak to your Midwife or GP if the discomfort does not subside.
The Following Guidelines are to enable you to remain safe during this class and any other chosen activity sessions.
· Ensure you are suitably dressed – supportive bra, comfy clothes and trainers.
· Remain hydrated throughout, avoid exercising in hot, humid environments.
· Eat regularly, 1-2 hours before exercising.
· Perform regular Pelvic floor exercises throughout the day.
· Exercise moderately on a regular basis aim for 2-3 sessions weekly.
· Listen to your body
· Do not exercise if you feel unwell and have a high temperature.
· Take adequate rest and relaxation.
Remember it is your choice to exercise, and you can stop at any time during the class.